Second Gear is looking for an outdoor-savvy, outgoing, reliable, customer service-oriented person to join our team!
- Do you enjoy chatting with locals and tourists about their adventures?
- Do you have a knack for assessing the needs of customers who might not be certain themselves of exactly what they are looking for?
- Do you enjoy researching and talking about the technical aspects of outdoor gear?
- Do you enjoy working weekends, because your favorite place to hike/bike/climb/camp is EMPTY during the week?
We're seeking a friendly, customer-first person who can chat with almost anyone. Ideally, this individual will have a practical knowledge of outdoor gear, cash register familiarity, and basic computer skills. Social media and digital marketing skills are also a big plus!
Come join our fast-paced, close-knit staff of gear experts at Second Gear - your local solution for affordable, quality outdoor gear. With a mix of new and used items, Second Gear has been outfitting Asheville for over 16 years.
If you are interested in around 30-40 hours a week (Fridays through Mondays are a MUST) please bring a resume and cover letter and introduce yourself during store hours (10-6 Monday through Saturday, 10-5 Sunday) before the end of Monday, July 13th. Emailed resumes and cover letters accepted, but in-person applicants are given priority.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: Hourly Depending on Experience
We have plastic barriers at points of most customer contact, we are taking employee temperatures daily, we have a cleaning and sanitizing policy and log to ensure we are as safe as possible. Employees and customers are required to wear masks at all times
- Store Discounts
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects